11 Jun Best Cat Food in Ireland
At Pets Plus, we believe that your cat is more than just a pet – they are a family member. We are committed to providing the highest quality cat food in Ireland, so your cat or kitten can enjoy a happy and healthy life. We stock a wide range of cat food, from dry and wet food to treats and supplements. We have everything you need to keep your cat happy and well-nourished. Our pet experts have carefully selected the best cat food in Ireland, so you can trust that you are feeding your cat the best you can purchase. Browse our list today and order online to give your cat the cat food they deserve.
First in our list this the Burns Cat Food in Chicken and Rice, a complete dry cat food rich in vitamins. It is one of the best cat foods on the market. Burns Cat food is made with the highest quality sources of chicken for protein and whole grains to ensure your cat benefits from all of nature’s goodness. They control the levels of protein and minerals to maintain healthy kidneys and urinary tract. They use no artificial preservatives or chemicals, which Burns takes great pride in. It is available in a large 2KG bag, which should keep your cat stocked up for a while.
Burgess Dry Cat Food in Salmon is a complete dry food for adult cats. Burgess dry cat foot has many benefits:
- Dental health support
- Advanced Protein
- Digestive comfort
- Suitable for all adult cats
- Supports a healthy heart
It is available in a 1.5KG bag and a larger 10KG bag.
Size: 1.5KG, 10KG
Price: €7.99 – €39.99
The PetsPlus Premium range benefits from a variety of high-quality protein sources. It is 50% of chicken, which is rich in amino acids, vitamins and minerals, to promote everyday health and well-being. Stool quality will improve due to added beet pulp, a good source of dietary fibre to help promote intestinal motility. This range of cat food promotes healthy skin and coat, which contains omega-3 essential fatty acids to promote healthy skin and a shiny coat.
Size: 2KG, 6KG
Price: €15.99 – €41.99
The Royal Canin Digestive Care formula contains highly digestible proteins. They help support a balance in the intestinal flora and regulate intestinal transit. It also helps the cat eat more slowly and chew thoroughly for good digestion. The protein contained is very high and is high quality to help maintain internal muscle, strengthen your cat’s body and keep stool quality.
Price: €7.99 – €54.99
IAMS for Vitality Adult Cat Food is available in 2KG bags. It has fresh chicken and helps to complete balanced expert nutrition to help support your cat’s health and vitality. Your cat will have a shiny and healthy coat after eating this range. The Vitaly cat food is formulated to reduce urinary PH, supporting a healthy urinary tract.
TheApplaws Natural Wet Cat Food is available in a multipack of 12 x 70g pouches. The multipack contains:
- 3x Chicken Breast with Mango in Jelly
- 3x Mackerel with Seabream
- 3x Chicken Breast with Mackerel
- 3x Tuna with Seaweed.
There are many benefits to the Creamy Cat Treats features:
- 4 hydrating lickable cat treats
- Quality ingredients with essential nutrients
- High meat content, rich in amino acids
- Delicious by itself or as a dry food topping
They are low in calories, so you can give your cat multiple treats a day that your cat will love. The cat treats don’t include any by-products, artificial flavours, additives or preservatives.
Last but not least in our list of the best cat food is the Royal Canin Sterilised Kitten Food. The Kitten Sterilised range helps support the kitten’s natural defences thanks to their combination of antioxidants. The formula contains a decent amount of fat to help limit any weight gain with no compromise on the intake of protein and calcium, which is perfect for healthy growth.
Size: 400g, 2KG
Price: €7.90 – €33.99
Factors to Consider When Choosing Cat Food
Here are the factors to consider when choosing cat food:
Age-specific Cat Food: Tailoring Nutrition to Life Stages
- Kittens require a diet that supports their growth and development.
- Adult cats need a balanced meal to maintain their overall health.
- Senior cats benefit from food formulated to support their ageing bodies.
Quality Ingredients: The Key to Nutritious Meals
- Look for real meat as the primary ingredient.
- Avoid cat foods that contain fillers, by-products, and artificial additives.
- Opt for brands that use natural and wholesome ingredients.
Special Dietary Requirements: Catering to Health Conditions
- Choose cat food that caters to specific health conditions such as allergies, sensitivities, or dietary restrictions.
- Specialised formulas are available for cats with food allergies, urinary tract issues, or weight management requirements.
Wet or Dry Cat Food: Weighing the Options
- Wet cat food provides hydration and is often more palatable for cats.
- Dry cat food can help maintain dental health and is more convenient for pet owners.
- Some cat owners feed a combination of wet and dry food.
See our full range on the Cat Food Page