A broad spectrum anthelmintic for the treatment of domestic dogs and cats infected with immature and mature stages of nematodes of the gastrointestinal and respiratory tracts. Effective against immature and mature ascarids, hookworms and tapeworms. Also kills roundworm eggs.
Administer orally or mix in feed. The suspension can be given using the 12ml measuring syringe provided in the package. A syringe adapter (bung) is also provided in the package for insertion in the neck of the bottle before use.
Gloves should be worn to avoid skin contact with the product.
Dosing Procedure using the measuring syringe:
- Estimate the bodyweight of dog or cat accurately to ensure correct dosing. Refer below for correct dosage amount
- To insert the syringe adapter (bung): Push down and unscrew bottle top. Position the syringe adapter (bung) and cap over the bottle opening. Push down firmly and screw cap into position. Syringe adapter (bung) should now be flush with the top of the bottle neck
- Shake bottle well before use. Push down and unscrew the bottle top. Insert the nozzle of the measuring syringe into the hole in the bung by gently pushing
- Turn the bottle/syringe upside down. Pull the syringe plunger out until the plunger corresponds to the required dose
- Turn the bottle right way up and with a twisting movement separate the measuring syringe from the bottle
- Push the plunger to empty the contents of the syringe directly into the mouth of the animal or onto the food. Good mixing of the product in food is advisable if it is to be given in this way
- Depending on the dose required repeat steps 3-6
- Replace bottle top after use
Routine treatment of adults dogs and cats: A single does at a dose rate of 100mg/kg which is equivalent to 1ml per 1kg bodyweight.
|Bodyweight||Volume of Parazole|
Weaned puppies and kittens under six months of age and lungworm in cats: A single dose for three consecutive days at a dose rate of 50mg/kg which is equivalent to 1ml per 2kg bodyweight.
Puppies should be treated at 2 weeks of age, 5 weeks of age and again before leaving the breeders premises. Treatment may also be required at 8 weeks and 12 weeks of age.
Thereafter, frequency of treatment can be reduced unless the pups remain in kennels where reinfestation occurs more readily.
Each ml contains 100mg of Fenbenazole and 2.5mg of Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate as a preservative. Shake well before use. Do not store above 25oC. Do not freeze. Keep out of sight and reach of children. For animal treatment only. Use only properly calibrated dosing equipment. For more see product insert.
Pregnant bitches: 1ml per 4kg bodyweight daily from day 40 of pregnancy continuously for approximately 25 days. This is equivalent to 25mg Fenbendazole/kg bodyweight daily.
Regular treatment is advisable to prevent infection of children by the larvae of ascarids of dogs and cats.